Cricket Lighters will pay $200,000 to a settle a lawsuit regarding the death of three people in a 1993 fire in Pennsylvania.
The Stockholm-based company agreed to pay the settlement to end litigation that began in 1995.
Gwendolyn Phillips sued Cricket after the death of her daughter and two grandsons in a Hermitage fire.
The fire was started when Phillips’ two-year-old grandson, Jerome Campbell, lit linen with a lighter he found in his mother’s purse. Campbell, his mother, Robin, and three-year-old Alphonse Crawford were killed in the fire. Neil Williams, now 19, survived.
Phillips claimed in her suit that Cricket should have had childproof features on its lighters.
Information from: The Herald (Sharon, Pa.)
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.