Fire investigators say they have questioned a “person of interest” in a weekend arson fire in Milo, Maine that burned a large portion of the town’s downtown.
But no arrests have been made in the Sunday morning fire that spread to five buildings and burned at least a third of downtown.
The state fire marshal’s office says the fire was intentionally set under a rear stairway outside of a building that house Hobknobbers Pub after the pub had been broken into.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Topics Maine
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Homeowners Insurance Market Reaches ‘Fragmented Phase,’ Says S&P GMI
UnitedHealth Investor Suit Alleges Security, Governance Lapses
Renewal Changes for Most Commercial Lines Decrease in July and Q2, Says Ivans
Thoma Bravo to Take Accelerant Private in $4 Billion Deal 

