A Baltimore woman says when she ordered an iced tea at a local McDonald’s restaurant last year, employees gave her a cup containing a cleaning chemical.
Caryl Jones has filed a $100,000 lawsuit in Baltimore City Circuit Court. The lawsuit alleges negligence and breach of warranty. Jones’ attorney, Patricia Steiger, says the cup contained a sanitizer used on kitchen equipment.
Steiger says Jones immediately spat out the liquid when it burned her mouth but was found by doctors to have suffered “a mild or moderate chemical reaction.”
Franchise owner Cynthia Brown declined comment on the lawsuit. In a statement e-mailed through a McDonald’s spokeswoman, Brown said the matter is being taken seriously.
Information from: The (Baltimore) Daily Record
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.