Carbon Monoxide Sickens 41 Workers in Virginia

October 1, 2009

Officials say carbon monoxide fumes have made ill 41 workers at a banking office in Richmond, Virginia.

Ten of the 41 who were examined Monday afternoon by fire officials were taken to area hospitals for additional treatment. Some were vomiting or having difficulty breathing.

Fire officials say three of the 10 were exhibiting what fire officials called serious conditions.

Fire Lt. Shawn Jones said the fumes apparently seeped into the SunTrust Mortgage building from a generator after a power failure.

Windy conditions apparently sent the fumes into the building’s ventilation system.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.