Officials from Washington, D.C.’s Metro service say families of the nine people who died in last year’s crash are eligible for a $50,000 insurance benefit.
Metro said that Chartis, its excess liability insurance carrier, indicated that coverage is applicable in the June 22, 2009 crash.
The benefit is also available to four other Metro workers and one contractor who died on duty after July 1, 2008, when the policy became effective.
The policy determines the specific beneficiaries who are eligible for coverage.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Jury Finds Johnson & Johnson Liable for Cancer in Latest Talc Trial
Preparing for an AI Native Future
AI Claim Assistant Now Taking Auto Damage Claims Calls at Travelers
CFC Owners Said to Tap Banks for Sale, IPO of £5 Billion Insurer 

