Connecticut residents are running out of time to file federal damage claims from the March flooding that affected the eastern half of the state.
Anyone with property damage has until today to file with the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Tuesday also is the deadline for filing loan applications with the U.S. Small Business administration.
So far, over 3,600 people have filed claims with FEMA and more than $4 million has been disbursed for home repairs and temporary housing. Another $244,000 has been used to pay for property losses, medical bills and other disaster-related expenses.
Gov. M. Jodi Rell’s office says only 7 percent of residents reporting damage were fully insured.
Topics Flood Connecticut
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
State Farm Adjuster’s Opinion Does Not Override Policy Exclusion in MS Sewage Backup
Former Broker, Co-Defendant Sentenced to 20 Years in Fraudulent ACA Sign-Ups
CFC Owners Said to Tap Banks for Sale, IPO of £5 Billion Insurer
Viewpoint: Runoff Specialists Have Evolved Into Key Strategic Partners for Insurers 

