Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is asking President Barack Obama to issue a major disaster declaration for Connecticut following last month’s freak October snow storm that left hundreds of thousands without power for days.
Such a declaration would bring more federal aid to affected cities and towns.
Malloy’s office said on Friday, Nov. 11, the request was made after state and federal emergency management agencies confirmed that estimated damage from the storm topped $27 million in seven of the state’s eight counties. That’s the threshold for the federal assistance.
New London County did not meet the threshold. But Malloy said those cities and towns would still be eligible for federal financial assistance for up to 72 hours of debris removal and emergency services.
Topics Connecticut
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
BMW Recalls Hundreds of Thousands of Cars Over Fire Risk
Judge Awards Applied Systems Preliminary Injunction Against Comulate
State Farm Adjuster’s Opinion Does Not Override Policy Exclusion in MS Sewage Backup
How One Fla. Insurance Agent Allegedly Used Another’s License to Swipe Commissions 

