The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF) Boston chapter will host a fashion-show fundraising event to support two Boston-area charities: Cradles to Crayons and Bottom Line.The “Rock Your World” fashion show on Monday, Sept. 30, 2013 will feature designs from Saks Fifth Avenue, and will be held at the Hard Rock Café in Boston.
As a further means of support, Saks Fifth Avenue in Boston will allow customers to direct 10 percent of their purchases made on Wednesday, Sept. 4 as a contribution to the fundraiser as part of the retailer’s “Shopping for a Cause” program.
The upcoming event is the Boston chapter’s second fundraiser in 2013 in support of these charities. The Boston chapter is part of the IICF Northeast division, which makes its grants in the focus areas of education, children at risk, disaster preparedness, and the environment.
Tickets for the fundraiser are available by contacting Betsy Myatt of IICF at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cradles to Crayons (www.CradlestoCrayons.org), founded in 2002, provides children (birth through age 12) who live in homeless or low-income situations with clothes, shoes, books, school supplies and other essential items that they need to thrive at home, at school and at play. The organization supplies these items free of charge by engaging and connecting communities that have with communities that need.
• Bottom Line (www.BottomLine.org) provides mentoring to low-income and first-generation students during the college application process and throughout college. It serves more than 2,000 students and families through two programs (College Access and College Success) from offices in Boston; Worcester, Mass.; and New York. The charity has addressed the low college graduation rates of at-risk urban youth since its founding in 1997.
The IICF Northeast division’s upcoming events in 2013 are:
• IICF Shopping for a Cause at Saks Fifth Avenue, Boston: Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013
• IICF Boston Chapter “Rock Your World” Fashion Show Fundraiser: Monday, Sept. 30, 2013
• IICF Week of Giving (IICF national event): Oct. 12-19, 2013
• IICF Northeast Benefit Dinner, New York City: Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation was established in 1994 and is completely directed and funded by the insurance industry. The foundation seeks to help communities and enrich lives by uniting the collective strengths of the industry to provide grants, volunteer service and leadership.
Since its inception in 1994, IICF has contributed more than $20 million in grants to charities and 166,000 volunteer hours to hundreds of community nonprofit organizations. IICF is a registered not-for-profit organization.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.