Woman Burned by Connecticut Bible Camp Heater Awarded $1.4M

May 10, 2017

A woman who was severely burned by a propane heater at a Connecticut bible camp has been awarded $1.4 million in a negligence lawsuit.

Nicole Andrew was visiting her boyfriend at the Mountain Lake Bible Camp in Warren, Conn., in January 2014 when her flannel shirt caught fire while she was standing about an arm’s length away from the heater. Andrew was 19 at the time and suffered burns on 90 percent of her back.

The Connecticut Law Tribune reports that a six-person jury awarded Andrew $1.4 million last month in her lawsuit accusing the camp of failing to warn her of the potential dangers of the heater.

The camp’s lawyers have asked a judge to overturn the verdict, saying there wasn’t enough evidence to prove the camp was negligent.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.

Latest Comments

  • May 11, 2017 at 1:41 pm
    Jack Kanauph says:
    Doesn't this fall under Act of God Exclusion?
  • May 10, 2017 at 4:06 pm
    PJ says:
    the claim (if any) should go to the manufacturer of the heater, if an arm's length away is indeed true. So sad for the church. They should not have to pay nor even defend on... read more
  • May 10, 2017 at 3:06 pm
    reality bites says:
    An arm's length away from the heater and her shirt caught fire before she noticed that the heater was what, TURNED ON? What an eeejit.

Add a CommentSee All Comments (4)Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

More News
More News Features