Armed robbers have stolen four art works worth an estimated $100 million, by Claude Monet, Paul Cezanne, Edgar Degas and Vincent van Gogh, from a Zurich museum, Swiss police said Monday. The robbery happened at the Emil Buehrle Collection on Sunday afternoon.
Police called the heist a “spectacular art robbery.” Three armed men, who are still at large, reportedly entered the museum, threatened guards, and took the paintings. Some estimates put the collective value of the four works considerably higher at around $160 million. They are so well-known, that it is considered very unlikely that they could be sold.
Last week, Swiss police reported that two Pablo Picasso paintings were stolen from a Swiss exhibition near Zurich. The two oil paintings, “Tete de cheval” (“Head of horse”) and “Verre et pichet” (“Glass and pitcher”), were on loan from the Sprengel Museum in Hannover, Germany.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Lindsay Clancy Trial Focus Turns to Drugs Prescribed Before She Killed Her 3 Children
Viewpoint: Is it Time to Rethink the ‘Secondary-Peril’ Label and Reclassify Risk?
Tornado Alley’s on the Move and Creating New Risk Concerns, Modeler Says
Typhoon Season Forecast to Be Among Most Intense Ever for Asia 

