A global blacklist for unsafe airlines will be set up soon, France’s Transport Minister Dominique Bussereau said on Monday.
On Thursday the head of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) had rejected the European Union’s proposal for such a list saying that discouraging passengers from using particular aircraft or airline would not necessarily reduce accidents.
But Bussereau said he thought one would be created. “France’s impression, Europe’s impression, and the work we’re doing with the ICAO, I think that we will quickly end up with a global blacklist,” he said on LCI television.
European Transport Commissioner Antonio Tajani said he would propose the creation of a global blacklist after it emerged that a Yemenia airliner that crashed near Comoros on June 30 had previously raised safety concerns during EU checks.
(Reporting by Anna Willard; Editing by Matthew Jones)
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Brown & Brown Wins Temporary Injunction Against Howden
Allianz’s PIMCO, L&G Sued in Scrap Over €1.2 Billion Brussels Tower
Billionaire Boehly’s Allies Donated Heavily to Kansas Insurance Regulator
CopperPoint Insurance to Acquire Surety Specialist General Indemnity Group 

