Guy Carpenter & Co., the global risk and reinsurance specialist and a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Cos. (MMC), announced a new leadership appointment from Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (JLT).
Effective upon closing of the transaction between MMC and JLT, which remains subject to the receipt of certain antitrust and financial regulatory approvals, Ross Howard, chairman of JLT Re, will become vice chairman of Guy Carpenter, reporting to president & CEO Peter Hearn.
Howard will also become a member of Guy Carpenter’s executive committee and will be responsible for developing new business opportunities and assisting with client relationships in order to continue the growth of the combined global reinsurance business. Additionally, Howard will also play a key role in executing the integration of JLT Re with Guy Carpenter.
“We are very excited to take the first steps in bringing together these two great reinsurance businesses. I have known Ross in the market over the years and believe he will play a pivotal role in the success of the combined organization, driving growth and global collaboration, while further differentiating our client value proposition,” said Peter Hearn, president & CEO of Guy Carpenter. “I am very pleased to welcome Ross to our leadership team.”
Source: Guy Carpenter
- Marsh Forms Specialty Business, ‘Marsh-JLT Specialty;’ Names Executive Team
- Marsh & McLennan’s $5.6B Acquisition of Broker JLT Gets Shareholder Nod
- Marsh McLennan Acquisition of JLT Clears Key U.S. Antitrust Hurdle
- Marsh & McLennan Moved Quickly as Stars and People Aligned in JLT Deal
- Drivers of Marsh & McLennan-JLT Deal: Too Much Capital, Not Enough Growth – Opinion
- Marsh & McLennan to Acquire Broker JLT
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.