New figures show about $2.3 million in damages from last week’s ice storm in southeast Nebraska.
It’s more than double the figure released last week, which didn’t include damage in Falls City, the area hardest hit by the storm that began last Monday.
Utility crews there finished most of their work Sunday night, and utility Superintendent Alan Romine said many crews put in 16-hour days.
Crews from Lincoln Electric System, Beatrice and Crete have been helping to restore electricity in Falls City. At one point, most of the people in the town of nearly 5,000 were without power.
Gov. Dave Heineman issued a state emergency proclamation, which allows the state to provide financial and other assistance to local entities.
Heineman also asked that a joint assessment be done with the Federal Emergency Management Agency to see if the area meets the requirements for federal disaster aid.
Topics Windstorm
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
‘Structural Shift’ Occurring in California Surplus Lines
A 10-Year Wait for Autonomous Vehicles to Impact Insurers, Says Fitch
Insurify Starts App With ChatGPT to Allow Consumers to Shop for Insurance
Trump’s Repeal of Climate Rule Opens a ‘New Front’ for Litigation 

