Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich has declared three more Illinois counties state disaster areas after severe flooding from September 13 and 14 as the aftermath Hurricane Ike hit the Midwest.
The governor’s office says the state disaster declaration for Bureau, Kendall and Woodford counties means more state assets and personnel will be available to flooded communities.
Andrew Velasquez the Third is director of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency. He says flood waters are still up in some areas of the three counties.
Last week, the governor issued disaster declarations for seven Chicago-area counties, including Cook, DuPage, DeKalb, Grundy, Kane, LaSalle and Will.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
‘Structural Shift’ Occurring in California Surplus Lines
Florida Insurance Costs 14.5% Lower Than Without Reforms, Report Finds
What Analysts Are Saying About the 2026 P/C Insurance Market
A 10-Year Wait for Autonomous Vehicles to Impact Insurers, Says Fitch 

