Irwin Siegel Agency Inc. (ISA) of Rock Hill. N.Y., has developed a product for foster care and adoption agencies to address the insurance and loss control issues facing this segment. This program is an addition to the current suite of social service programs administered by ISA through Chartis.
This program will be available to independent insurance agents and brokers to programs demonstrating high quality of service and dedication to children served, proper policies and procedures in place, established best practices and respective loss history. Minimum premium for eligible foster care programs is $75,000 and $25,000 for eligible adoption agencies.
ISA foster care and adoption product features include:
- Package includes property, auto, general liability, professional liability, abuse and umbrella;
- General liability, professional liability and abuse coverage will be on non-admitted paper;
- General liability occurrence, professional and abuse claims made;
- Abuse coverage limits up to $1 million;
- Additional coverage options available for youth accident, workers’ compensation, directors and officers liability, including liability coverage for employment practices;
- Risk management and loss control services and resources included; and
- On-line training for employees, foster families and volunteers instill best practices and address field related topics, such as, effects of abuse, protecting foster parents from false allegations, hazing and bullying prevention and various methods to keep children safe and ensure beneficial home visits.
Submission requirements include:
- Website or brochure;
- General application (either ISA or another carrier’s general application);
- Foster care and/or adoption supplements, including sexual abuse;
- Copy of foster parent contract;
- 5 years currently valued loss runs with expiring premiums;
- Acords; and
- Drivers list.
For information, visit www.siegelagency.com.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.