Chartis introduced a new general liaiblity product for building services contractors to address several target casualty exposures in a single endorsement.
As part of a full suite of primary casualty solutions for the real estate sector, this new coverage endorsement expands general liability policies for businesses involved in building maintenance, cleaning, operations and other services.
The Building Services Contractor Coverage provides extended coverage that includes:
- Enhanced coverage for damage to tools, equipment and property in the care, custody and control of the insured;
- An additional limit of insurance for lost keys and the adjustment or installation of new locks; and
- Pollution coverage for pesticide and herbicide application conducted in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
In addition, Chartis offers integrated loss control and claims services to help building services insureds prevent and mitigate losses. These services include:
- Resources that incorporate web-based training, presentations and materials in English and Spanish;
- Slip and fall prevention;
- Material handling and repetitive motion assessments;
- Hazardous material assessments for the use of chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, and exposures to biohazards impacting the workforce; and
- Transportation of employees and equipment, including management support, driver selection and preventative maintenance.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.