ACE Group has enhanced its premises pollution liability (PPL) and premises pollution liability portfolio (PPL Port) insurance policies to provide additional coverages for environmental day-to-day operational exposures faced by both domestic and multinational businesses.
Additionally, the enhanced PPL and PPL Port coverages have been redesigned to accommodate industry-specific endorsements that provide specific coverage for healthcare, public and educational entities and U.S. multinational businesses to address a variety of residential, commercial, retail and industrial risks.
Each new policy will receive access to ACE ALERT (ACE logistical environmental response technology) — ACE’s complimentary program that offers immediate support for environmental releases of hazardous materials and other regulated substances.
The ACE USA Environmental Risk Premises Pollution Liability policies serve stakeholders in residential, commercial, retail and industrial facilities. Insurance coverage is provided with limits up to $50 million and with a minimum premium of $10,000.
Features of the base PPL policy include:
- Coverage for identified sites within the United States (coverage for international jurisdictions is available by endorsement)
- Third-party liability coverage for Bodily Injury and Property Damage, including Natural Resource Damages
- Remediation expenses covered for both on-site releases and off-site migration
Program enhancements of the base PPL policy include:
- Coverage for emergency response costs, including easy access to report emergencies via ACE ALERT
- Indoor environmental conditions coverage, which includes coverage for fungi or legionella
- First-party business interruption coverage arising from pollution conditions or indoor environmental conditions
- Catastrophe management costs coverage arising from pollution conditions or indoor environmental conditions
- Pollution liability coverage arising from transportation of materials, goods, products or wastes
- Pollution liability coverage arising from an Insured’s disposal of waste at non-owned disposal sites
ACE ALERT is offered through Spill Center, a North American environmental regulatory reporting and spill support that draws from a database of more than 3,500 environmental cleanup contractors throughout North America. Reporting a spill using ACE ALERT services offered through Spill Center is not an indication that coverage is available under your policy.
Any communications in connection with the use of ACE ALERT services offered through Spill Center are not intended to alter, amend or provide interpretive commentary on any insurance policy contracts. Spill Center is not a subsidiary or affiliate of the ACE Group. ACE Group disclaims all liability, loss, damages and other costs that may arise out of use of or reliance upon any spill reporting services, other services, communications and representations or warranties made by Spill Center or its affiliates.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.