Insurer Progressive said it intends to hire up to 8,000 new employees in 2020.
With an increase in customers and total revenues topping $39 billion, the company said it needs more employees to support continued growth in auto, property, commercial lines and recreational products insurance at more than 250 locations across the country. It currently employs 36,000 people.
Last January, Progressive set about to hire 10,000 new employees. A spokesman said the new goal of 8,000 is on top of the 10,000 hired last year.
“Last year was monumental in terms of total numbers of hires, and as a result of consistent growth, we are continuing to expand our workforce to meet the needs of our customers,” said Chief Human Resource Officer Lori Niederst.
The company says its workforce has surged more than 57% in last five years.
Here is a breakdown of the approximate number of positions Progressive hopes to be fill at locations throughout this year:
- Austin, TX – 900 (customer sales, service, claims representatives, bilingual Spanish sales and customer service)
- Cleveland, OH – 1,500 (customer sales, service, multi-product sales, claims representatives, marketing, legal, IT, business analysis and more)
- Colorado Springs, CO – 500 (customer sales, service, IT)
- Phoenix, AZ – 180 (customer sales, service, bilingual Spanish customer sales and service and claims representatives)
- Sacramento, CA – 80 (customer service, bilingual Spanish customer sales and service)
- Tampa, FL – 1,000 (customer sales, service, multi-product sales, claims representatives, bilingual Spanish sales and customer service)
- St. Petersburg, FL/ Nashville, TN – 270 (property claims, property customer service, IT)
More than half the jobs are based at larger Progressive campuses across the United States, with others located in Progressive field claims offices in more than 250 locations. Across the country, the company is hoping to fill around 4,500 field claims roles, including claims adjuster trainees and claims adjusters in auto damage, bodily injury and rideshare functions.
There are also nearly 400 work from home positions available in select locations for inbound sales positions, giving people who don’t live near a Progressive campus the opportunity to work.
- Insurers Finding It Increasingly Difficult to Fill Vacant Positions
- Buffett Has Eyes on Competitor Progressive, Not Car Makers Entering Insurance
- Progressive Takes Aim at Multi-Line Insurers
- Progressive Embarks on Hiring Binge: 10,000 People in 2019
- Move Over Flo; Progressive Adds Cleveland Browns QB Mayfield to Marketing Team
- Hiring Momentum May Be Slowing Overall But Not in Insurance
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.