A Houston attorney says 15 tourists from Texas have filed lawsuits asking more than $250 million in total damages over the train-bus crash that killed four people in Biloxi, Miss.
Tony Buzbee says in a news release that his clients include Tim Orr, whose wife died in the March 7 wreck in which a CSX freight train slammed into a tour bus at a humped rail crossing on Biloxi’s Main Street.
The lawsuit alleges that CSX Transportation Inc. knew its crossing needed attention, and that the train could have been stopped in time to prevent the crash. The tour company, Dallas-based Echo Transportation Inc., is also a defendant.
Biloxi police said earlier this month that their investigation does not indicate any criminal activity. They said Echo’s bus driver, 60-year-old Louis Ambrose Jr., apparently was not familiar with the area.
A crossing sign warned that long vehicles might get stuck.
Related:
Topics Texas Mississippi
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
State Farm Adjuster’s Opinion Does Not Override Policy Exclusion in MS Sewage Backup
Florida Engineers: Winds Under 110 mph Simply Do Not Damage Concrete Tiles
AI Claim Assistant Now Taking Auto Damage Claims Calls at Travelers
Munich Re Unit to Cut 1,000 Positions as AI Takes Over Jobs 

