A fire broke out Monday amid the wreckage of the Hard Rock Hotel construction project that partially collapsed last year in New Orleans.
Thick black smoke was visible in the area of the construction site at the edge of the French Quarter.
The fire began when roofing material ignited during demolition work, city officials said. They said in a statement that “there is minimal concern that the fire can spread beyond the Hard Rock site.”
The hotel was under construction last October when it collapsed, killing three workers. Demolition work began in May after months of disagreements between the city and developers over how best to bring down the remains of the unstable 18-story structure. Two bodies remained in the wreckage until they were safely removed in August.
Topics Louisiana Training Development
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.

Florida Engineers: Winds Under 110 mph Simply Do Not Damage Concrete Tiles
Kansas Man Sentenced for Insurance Fraud, Forgery
AIG’s Zaffino: Outcomes From AI Use Went From ‘Aspirational’ to ‘Beyond Expectations’
BMW Recalls Hundreds of Thousands of Cars Over Fire Risk 

