Fla.: Propane Caused Apartment Fire in Deerfield Beach

September 26, 2007

A propane gas line caused an explosion and fire in a three story apartment building in Deerfield Beach, Fla., that left more than 100 people homeless, authorities said Monday.

The explosion was traced to a stove in a vacant apartment, according to a statement from Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink, who also serves as State Fire Marshal.

About a dozen people, including two firefighters were injured in the explosion, but none of the injuries were life threatening.

Four apartments were burned in the explosion, which caused roughly $3 million in damage, the statement said.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.