A couple who lost a son in a Tennessee home explosion last year has filed a wrongful death suit against the Knoxville Utilities Board.
According to WBIR-TV, Steve and Sue Krzeski claim a device connecting the natural gas supply to the home failed and allowed gas to seep into the residence.
Last Dec. 9, 18-year-old Nick Krzeski died in the blast. The couple were seriously injured.
Their suit does not ask for a specific amount of damages, but the couple’s lawyer told the station that an amendment will be filed seeking $10 million.
The utility board said it does not comment on pending litigation but said it conducted an extensive investigation of the explosion and no cause was found.
Topics Lawsuits
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
World’s Growing Civil Unrest Has an Insurance Sting
BMW Recalls Hundreds of Thousands of Cars Over Fire Risk
What Analysts Are Saying About the 2026 P/C Insurance Market
Portugal Deadly Floods Force Evacuations, Collapse Main Highway 

