A woman and her 4-year-old grandson got a big scare when their SUV was partially swallowed by a 10-foot-by-10-foot sinkhole near the drive-thru of a South Florida McDonald’s.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles tells local news outlets that the sinkhole started opening as Dolores Otero drove toward the drive-thru July 7. She stopped but as the ground caved in, the car went nose-first into the water. One of the car’s back tires was left hanging in the air.
Otero and her grandson got safely out of the vehicle, which began to fill with water.
The restaurant closed for the rest of the day.
Cooper City utilities director Michael Bailey says the hole was caused by a water main break which was being repaired late Thursday.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.