New gas leaks have been found at a South Carolina apartment complex where two people were found dead in separate apartments.
Columbia firefighters said they started the inspections Thursday night after residents reported smelling gas and crews finding additional gas leaks at Allen Benedict Court.
Authorities say building officials checking on someone who didn’t make it to work found the first body Thursday morning at the complex, and firefighters checking other apartments found a second person dead.
Police say they need autopsy results to determine if the deaths were caused by breathing in leaking gas or carbon monoxide.
The names of the victims have not been released.
The complex is run by the Columbia Housing Authority.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.