Fire officials say a new damage survey shows 82 homes have been destroyed from the blaze burning north of Los Angeles, up four from the previous report.
The U.S. Forest Service also increased containment of the fire to 71 percent Thursday morning after firefighters took advantage of cooler weather overnight to set backfires near Mount Wilson.
Firefighters are racing to gain ground on the 16-day-old blaze in the Angeles National Forest ahead of warmer and drier conditions expected Thursday and Friday.
The arson-caused fire has killed two firefighters and burned 250 square miles.
Fire officials had previously reported 78 homes destroyed. U.S. Forest Service spokesman Bruce Quintelier says the updated tally does not include any new incidents.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Tornado Alley’s on the Move and Creating New Risk Concerns, Modeler Says
Hacking Group Claims Mass Data Theft From Shell, Philips, GE, Fiserv, Others
AI Data Center Boom Is ‘Maxing Out’ P/C Insurers, AIG CEO Says
Alabama Courthouse Workers Smelled a Rat. Court Must Decide if Insurer Defends Suit 

