A Portland, Ore. man burned when a hash oil operation exploded has filed an $11 million product liability suit against makers and distributors of the butane canisters he was using.
The suit says 28-year-old Kevin Tveisme (TWEYES’-may) was burned over half his body and lost a finger in the 2013 blast. A friend died.
Tveisme had a medical marijuana card, so he could legally make hash oil from marijuana, using butane as a solvent.
The suit says the butane was purchased at a Portland gasoline station market.
The owner couldn’t be reached. Most defendants declined comment or didn’t respond to inquiries.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.