The Children’s Bureau, a Los Angeles, Calif., area nonprofit, recently received a visit from Sesame Street’s Abby Caddaby as a part of the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation’s Every Day is a Reading and Writing Day initiative.
As a part of its annual Week of Giving, the IICF’s Western Division grants program donated $20,780 to the Children’s Bureau to support the underserved local children and families they help through their Orange County Prevention as well as their Magnolia Place Initiative.
Some 50 local insurance industry professionals from Chubb, Navigators, and Farmers Insurance, gathered to read with the children from the surrounding communities that Children’s Bureau supports, providing a day to jumpstart an increase in early literacy in the area.
The Western Division also held a book drive to be able to provide each of the 150-plus children in attendance with a book to bring home.
The division collected nearly 1,000 books.
Since 1998, IICF supporters have provided nearly 200,000 volunteer hours, serving over 150 nonprofits nationwide, and involving over 200 industry companies and offices.
- IICF Northeast Benefit Dinner Raises $1.26M for Regional Charities
- IICF Unites P/C Industry for Record Year of Giving
- IICF Week of Giving About Helping, Hope and the Future Starts Oct. 10
- IICF Touts Insurance Industry Volunteer Week Success
- IICF Club100 in Hollywood Recognized Insurance Pros for Charity
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.