The Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services’ Division of Financial Regulation has issued a new wildfire emergency order.
The order took effect after the current emergency order expired on Oct. 18.
- The order means that insurance companies must take steps to do the following until the order expires:
- Extend all deadlines for policyholders to report claims or submit other communications related to claims
- Take all practicable steps to provide opportunities for policyholders to report claims
- Immediately institute a grace period for premium payments for all insurance policies issued, delivered, or covering a risk in the affected areas
- Suspend cancellations and nonrenewals
The division also issued a bulletin to provide an updated list of ZIP codes for which the order applies.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.