Fatal Fire in Washington Bikini Coffee Stand Caused by Propane

February 22, 2016

Fire investigators say they’ve completed their investigation into a blaze that killed a woman working in a coffee stand where baristas wear bikinis.

Everett Fire Department investigators said in a February news release the fire Jan. 7 was accidental and caused by a propane heater.

Officials say 26-year-old Courtney Campbell had been in the stand refilling a small space heater with propane. Investigators said it was apparent that an accidental release of propane vapor occurred immediately before a flash that caused the fire.

Campbell was burned while escaping the flames and died later at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Officials said Campbell had recently bought the stand.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.

From This Issue

Insurance Journal West February 22, 2016
February 22, 2016
Insurance Journal West Magazine

Agency Salary Survey Results; On the Water: Marinas & Boats; Agribusiness / Farm & Ranch