Police say a suspect is in custody after a third fire in one week damaged a Super 8 motel in Virginia.
Hanover fire Battalion Chief William Jones tells the Richmond Times-Dispatch that the third fire was reported just after 1 a.m. Saturday.
Surveillance teams were at the motel after two fires earlier last week.
Jones says investigators spotted a person entering the motel and he was arrested there. The suspect’s name and charges were not immediately available.
Jones says the arrest was limited to Saturday’s fire at this point.
The first fire caused about $1 million in damage. A firefighter suffered a minor injury in that blaze.
There was no one in the building during Wednesday’s fire, and there were no injuries.
Topics Virginia
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Jury Finds Johnson & Johnson Liable for Cancer in Latest Talc Trial
Munich Re Unit to Cut 1,000 Positions as AI Takes Over Jobs
Lemonade Books Q4 Net Loss of $21.7M as Customer Count Grows
Insurify Starts App With ChatGPT to Allow Consumers to Shop for Insurance 

