As 2014 comes to a close, it’s time to look back at the most popular news stories of the year on InsuranceJournal.com. Among the most popular stories in East were Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance’s expansion plans, The Hartford Financial Services Group’s pension buyouts, Erie Insurance seeking permission to use drones, and New York’s “Scaffold Law” debate.
With an understanding that stories posted later in the year have less time to rise to the top of the list, the following were the most popular East Insurance Journal stories of 2014:
- Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Exec on Acquisitions, Expansion Plans
- The Hartford Offers Lump-Sum Pension Buyouts to 13,500 Former Workers
- Aon Accused by N.Y.-N.J. Port Authority of Unauthorized Commissions
- Erie Insurance Seeks Approval for Drone Use
- Study Says N.Y. ‘Scaffold Law’ Drives Up Construction Costs, Causes Injuries
- Wal-Mart Says Tracy Morgan Is to Blame for Injuries in Highway Crash
- N.Y. Court: Zurich Not Obligated to Defend Sony Units in Data Breach Litigation
- Commentary: Insureds’ Agreement to Read Insurance Policy
- Snowstorm Recovery Efforts Continue in Buffalo, N.Y.
- Analysts Weigh In on Travelers Earnings, Commercial Lines Pricing Trends
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.