A worker at Delmarva Petroleum in Lincoln, Del., nearly died after fire from a chop saw ignited an explosion.
The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office tells local media that the explosion happened shortly after 1 p.m. Tuesday as the 21-year-old employee used a chop saw to open an oil tank. Sparks from the saw ignited the oil vapors and caused an explosion.
The Ellendale Volunteer Fire Company, the Milton Volunteer Fire Company and Sussex County EMS responded to the scene.
The victim was taken to Beebe Medical Center with first- and second-degree burns to 80 percent of his body. He has since been transferred to Crozer Burn Center in Chester, Pennsylvania.
Damages from the fire were listed at $1,000.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.