Indiana Gov. Mike Pence says the U.S. Small Business Administration has approved low-interest disaster loans for tornado-stricken Howard County.
Pence said that the contiguous counties of Cass, Carroll, Clinton, Tipton, Grant and Miami also qualify for the loans. Residents, businesses and certain nonprofits are eligible for the loans.
An EF3 tornado with winds estimated as high as 152 mph damaged at least 1,000 homes and businesses in Kokomo on Aug. 24. The National Weather Service also confirmed other tornadoes in Carroll, Howard, and Miami counties.
The Small Business Administration last week made low-interest disaster loans available in St. Joseph County and six adjacent counties to help people, businesses and nonprofits that sustained damage when a record rainfall hit the South Bend area last month.
Topics USA Catastrophe Natural Disasters Windstorm
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Viewpoint: ‘Big Tobacco’ Moment for Cannabis – What to Know About Murray v. Cresco
Florida Governor Signs Bill Dropping Building Permits for Work Valued at $7,500 or Less
Tesla Premiums Soared in 2025 With Loss Ratios Worse Than Industry
Brown & Brown Wins Temporary Injunction Against Howden 

