The ACE Group has launched ACE Express Private Health Care Protection and ACE Express Not-For-Profit Health Care Protection policies specifically designed for the new exposures facing health care organizations. The policies address exposures such as an increase in False Claims Act, credentialing and clinical trial exposures, as well as a reinvigoration of antitrust enforcement.
Directors & officers and organization liability, employment practices liability, fiduciary liability, and crime — are available in each package policy and tailored for the healthcare market.
Additional product features include:
- Expanded False Claims Act/self-referral coverage, including explicit coverage for Medicare billing audits initiated by Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs), Zone Program Integrity Contractors (ZPICs), Medicaid Integrity Contractors (MICs) and Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs)
- Expanded coverage for peer review and credentialing related lawsuits filed by physicians
- Explicit clinical trial coverage
- Explicit coverage for tax, HIPAA and Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) violations, including civil fines and penalties coverage
- Expanded coverage and enhanced clarity using a narrow “for” preamble to the bodily injury and professional service exclusions
- Expanded protection for individuals, including Side A coverage for civil fines and penalties assessed for unintentional, non-willful conduct
- Advancement provision to protect individuals in the event of a lack of available indemnification, including the organization’s refusal to indemnify
Eligible organizations include:
- Hospitals and health care facilities
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACO)
- Long term care/senior living facilities
- Non-For-Profit Managed Care Organizations (MCO)
- Physician and medical groups
- Miscellaneous medical facilities, including urgent care and ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, occupational and physical therapy clinics, home health care, hospice, emergency medical/ambulance services, assisted and independent living facilities, and physical therapy clinics.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.