Wells Fargo Insurance said it has hired more than 100 professionals in recent months as it seeks to grow and improve customer service.
“Continuing to invest in talent is critical to the success of our business and remains a top priority,” said Laura Schupbach, head of Wells Fargo Insurance.
Wells Fargo Insurance has 5,200 employees in its Insurance Brokerage and Consulting (IBC) and Personal and Small Business Insurance (PBSI) service businesses. Since May, the business has been hiring individuals for a number of roles including regional market executives, national practice leaders and business development officers. The new hires include 60 commercial lines sales and account executives and 35 personal lines business developers.
The new hires include professionals from Marsh, AXA Art, Chubb, CNA, The Hartford, AIG, Lockton, QBE, other Wells Fargo businesses and other insurance firms.
IBC provides middle market, large corporate and high net worth clients with risk management services, including property/casualty, professional risk, employee benefits and private risk. IBC also provides specialization in industries such as real estate, health care, energy, and hospitality as well as targeted insurance programs through Safehold Special Risk. The company said its IBC division has hired 60 account and sales executives and commercial and employee benefits line managers since May. In addition, other recent IBC hires in regional brokerage management include:
- Steve Anderson: Managing Director for San Francisco Bay area; 15-year company veteran joined WFI in June from Corporate Banking
- Jill Arnold Bull: Private Risk Management North Region Sales Leader based in New York; joined WFI in October from AXA Art Americas Insurance Corp.
- David Erwin: Managing Director for Dallas and based in Dallas; joined WFI in November from BBVA
- Steve Giannone: Managing Director for Chicago and based in Chicago; joined WFI in November from AIG
- Shirley Gordon: Private Risk Management National Service Leader based in Seattle; joined WFI in November from Marsh
- Jenny Myers: Managing Director for Raleigh-Durham and based in Raleigh, N.C.; joined WFI in October from Wells Fargo’s Business Banking Group
- Patricia Myers: Private Risk Management South Region Sales Leader based in Tampa, Fla.; joined WFI in October from Chubb Personal Insurance
- John Strauss: Managing Director based in Irvine, Calif.; 27-year company veteran joined WFI in December from Wells Fargo’s Commercial Banking Group.
Recent IBC hires in national practices include:
- Eric DeRose: National Practice Advisor with the Professional Risk Practice (PRP) Corporate team based in Sherman Oaks, Calif.; joined WFI in August from CNA.
- Brian Hayes: National Practice Business Leader with the Employee Benefits National Practice based in The Woodlands, Texas; joined WFI in October from The Hartford
- Jennifer Lester: National Practice Advisor with the Environmental National Practice based in Chicago; joined WFI in November from Marsh
- Higgins Manker: National Practice Leader with the Professional Risk Practice Risk Management team based in Los Angeles; joined WFI in October from Crystal & Co.
- Joni Mason: National Practice Advisor/Claims Advocate with PRP’s Risk Management team based in New York; joined WFI in October from QBE North America
- Arlyn Mouw: South Region Claims and Risk Control Manager based in Atlanta; joined WFI in October from Marsh
- Lisa Phillips: National Practice Advisor with PRP’s Technology Privacy and Network Risk team based in Irvine, Calif.; joined WFI in September from Lockton
- Eric R. Van Heyst: Trade Credit and Political Risk Insurance Program Manager with Safehold Special Risk based in New York; joined WFI in October from QBE North America
The Personal and Small Business Insurance (PSBI) provides retail and small business customers with access to personal and business insurance products including auto, home, umbrella, renters and small business insurance. The unit has hired 35 business development officers since May. These employees develop sales strategy, goals and objectives for cross-selling with all lines of insurance. Other recent PSBI hires include:
- Amy Deschamps: Insurance Business Manager for personal lines sales based in Phoenix; 15-year company veteran joined WFI in August from Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Mark Keller: Insurance Business Manager for small business service based in Phoenix; 2-year company veteran joined PSBI in October from IBC
- Paul Roy: Personal Lines Service Manager based in Minneapolis; joined WFI in October from Wells Fargo’s Wealth & Investment Management retirement division.
Source: Wells Fargo Insurance
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.