Arkansas’ congressional delegation says Gov. Mike Beebe has added 11 counties to the state’s major disaster declaration request to help in the recovery from last month’s deadly storm.
The two senators and four U.S. House members say in a news release that they wrote to President Barack Obama and the head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency earlier Monday in support of Beebe’s request.
Clay, Cleburne, Fulton, Independence, Izard, Jackson, Lawrence, Randolph, Sharp, Faulkner, and White Counties will now be eligible to apply for public assistance for emergency work and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged facilities.
The April 27 storm produced a powerful tornado and caused widespread destruction as it passed through the state. Fifteen people were killed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Thoma Bravo to Take Accelerant Private in $4 Billion Deal
Delta Probing Unauthorized Wi-Fi on Flight After Hacker Event
AI Data Center Boom Is ‘Maxing Out’ P/C Insurers, AIG CEO Says
AI’s Volatile Power Demand Is Damaging Its Own Data Centers 

