California Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara made several new appointments, including naming one member to the California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan Advisory Committee, one member to the California Insurance Guarantee Association Board of Governors, two members to the California Organized Investment Network Advisory Board, and one member to the Curriculum Board.
CAARP provides auto insurance for motorists unable to obtain coverage in the private market due to their driving records or other extraordinary circumstances.
The CIGA Board of Governors oversees the guarantee association’s general operations and management to protect policyholders in the event of an insurance company insolvency.
COIN guides insurers on making investments that provide environmental benefits in California and social and economic benefits for the state’s low-to-moderate income, rural, and underserved communities.
The Curriculum Board oversees the development of pre-licensing and continuing education curriculum for agents and brokers to uphold professional standards that protect consumers.
Newly appointed members include:
- Nona Tirre Miranda is owner and operator of a State Farm Insurance agency. Miranda has been appointed to the CAARP Advisory Committee in the producer representative seat with a term ending on July 12, 2022.
- Christina Ozuna is vice president of quality assurance – claims for Employers Holdings Inc. Ozuna has more than 30 years of experience in the workers’ compensation industry with a focus on claims management, claims auditing, vendor management, and serious claim oversight. Ozuna has been appointed to the CIGA Board of Governors in a member insurer representative seat with a term ending on December 31, 2023.
- Rudy Espinoza is executive director of inclusive action for the City, a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution dedicated to bringing people together to build local economies through community-based advocacy and economic development initiatives. Previously, Espinoza was a Senior Program Officer at a CDFI in South Los Angeles, providing micro-loans and business assistance to entrepreneurs in South Los Angeles. Espinoza has been appointed to the COIN Advisory Board in the consumer advocacy group representative seat with a term ending on July 12, 2023.
- Maïté Irakoze Bauer is chief investment officer for Farmers Insurance Group. Bauer has more than 15 years of global experience. Bauer has been appointed to the COIN Advisory Board in the insurance investment executive representative seat with a term ending on July 12, 2023.
- Samona Caldwell is the government affairs coordinator for State Farm Insurance Cos. She has been with State Farm for 26 years with experience in the fire claims department as well as public affairs. Caldwell has been appointed to the Curriculum Board in the insurance company representative seat with a term ending on July 12, 2024.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.