A minor earthquake has shaken farmland in California’s Imperial County south of the Salton Sea.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the 5:55 a.m. Thursday quake had a preliminary magnitude of 3.7 and was centered four miles south of the city of Brawley.
The temblor occurred at a depth of 6.5 miles.
Brawley is 130 miles east of San Diego.
- Earthquake Resilience Topic at Southern California Conference
- Sierras Along California, Nevada Line Long Overdue for Big Quake
- Early Alert Quake System Could be Operating in California by 2018
- M. Earthquake Jolted Parts of Southern California
- Grants Now Available to Strengthen Older California Homes
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.