Fire officials in southern California say a car driven by a woman high on drugs has sparked several wildfires that so far have burned 450 acres and prompted evacuations.
Authorities say Renee Hogan was arrested Sunday. The California Highway Patrol tells KCRA-TV that Hogan was driving on the right rear rim of her 2002 Kia Rio, which was emitting sparks that caused the blaze.
KCRA reports no buildings have burned, but some people have been forced to leave their homes. Hogan’s car was torched by the flames.
The state Department of Forestry and Fire Protection says it has filed additional charges against Hogan related to the fires.
- Monstrous Southern California Wildfire Displaces More than 80,000
- Wildfire Destroys More than 100 Homes in Northern California
- Containment on Massive California Wildfire Increases
- California Wildfire Shuts Down Picturesque Big Sur
- See More Heat, Fire Danger in Store for Southern California
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.